Sunday 24 February 2008

I'd Just Like to Hold It. Oscar Night!

Haven't blogged in a while but there's not much to report in the "biz" in Nova Scotia. Well except for the fact the oscars are touching the province because of the lovely and talented Ellen Page. We are of course tuned in and Ellen (ed. first name basis?) was just interviewed and I must say she held her own on the silly red carpet interview. Speaking of holding your own and touched by Oscar (c) let's not forget the past achievements the Academy has bestowed on Nova Scotians.



Michael Donovan Cradles His Little Oscar

And let me say it is robbery that Shake Hands With the Devil has not been nominated. A tragic compeling story, well made, well acted...I don't know. You think at least they would have had a special award for writing, seeing as Mr. Donovan wrote it all by himself! No small feat considering he's never written drama before! And hurrahs for the producer taking a chance on an unknown writer.

Speaking of which, I still have not heard anything back from Halifax Films concerning a number of pitches I've sent in over the past few weeks for new kids shows. Since I lost my job, and my extremely pregnant sister has been living here not bringing in any money and my roommate, Karly, still hasn't found a job (ed. hard to get a Timmy's job where the only thing on your resume is "crack dealer".) The references usually don't return phone calls.) things have been a bit dicey. Rent, food, electricity..., I thought if I was able to sell Halifax Film on a show concept...I'm sure they'll get back to me soon. I even came up with another pitch:

Hamma Montana - animated - a teen-age pig lives a double life an an ordinary teen pig and a superstar pig calling contestant. (ed. Does she solve crimes?)

But anyway, my pal Lunchmeat Herold, also my editor tonight (ed. Howdy) has shown up to watch the oscars tonight and he brought my favorite Quarter Pounder with Cheese and all the fixin's for cosmopolitans, my drink of choice since the Mooseheads came to town.

So far Jon Stewart has done his monologue and a few awards that no one cares about have been awarded (ed. Best Red Dress (female)?), so we're going to settle in and watch Ellen win. (ed. I hope she doesn't. She's too sweet, it'll ruin her)

May blog later depending on what happens and how fortified the cosmopoltans are.

So with that, we're settled in to watch the Oscars (s)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps why you haven't heard back from them is because you don't seem to know the name of the company... also it would help if you spoke about them in a positive fashion.

Halifax TV/Film said...

I don't? Halifax Film? Seems simple enough. I e-mailed the address on the website. Is there a super secret name/code I'm supposed to use? Do you know, Mr/Ms/Mrs. anonymous how to get to the decision makers?

Sorry if I'm a little short but jeesh, willikers..

And M/m/m a, I don't know how much more positive I can be. After all I am a shareholder and I firmly believe in the company and the market absorbing direction they are heading in. After all, what's the use of creativity if it doesn't make somebody some money.

Sorry, maybe too many cosmopolitans but all I ever get is negative, negative, negative!

Halifax TV/Film said...

Maybe you should be more positive. 'stead of saying I don't know what I'm doing and criticizing, help me out here.