Monday 5 May 2008

Halifax Film? Who Needs Ya? Not me!

As I blogged last night, things have careened into an entirely new direction. First let me intro my editor tonight Lunchmeat Harold (ed. Howdy!).

Things had gotten a bit desperate around here after I lost my job, my sister Stella got pregnant and couldn't work and my roommate Karly, couldn't quit cold turkey the Jones', if you know what I mean.

I had tried to restart my writing career and sent numerous show ideas to Halifax Film, the world's most important animated children's content provider. (ed. they make cartoons, and your host owns 1000 shares so he's a bit biased.)

Nevertheless, although I sent numerous pitches to the company, they have been apparently too busy ignoring them to reply. And although Karlie could get out of bed to pay the rent (ed. actually, no. That's where she made the rent.) other expenses like food, electricity, the latest House DVD box set. (ed. thank God for Showcase) suffered. But now I don't need them.

Things are looking up, up, up! Last Thursday, Stella went into convultions, (ed. contractions) and fearing an "Alien" type explosion of a fetus from her chest and skuteling across the floor, (ed. that would have been so cool!) I called 911. Minutes later, the ambulance jockies appeared and soon had my sister's half-Brazillian in their grasp. (ed. the father is Brazillian.)

They took my sister and her baby to the hospital for a few days, and when they came back, Carlo was with them! He's the Father and I never thought I would be so happy to see him. Apparently the tribe he comes from in Brazil has such fine tuned homing instincts that he knew Stella was going to birth his prodegy. And he tracked her down. And coming from Royalty and money, (ed. his family were hill people who squatted over a mound of earth holding a Quintillion gallons of oil), he brought gifts.

Sorry but I have to log-off and help with the baby. S/he's so cool. More tomorrow. Oh, and stuff about TV, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats! i hope you enjoy uncledom.