Monday 29 September 2008

Halifax Film, Nooooooooo!

Well, breaking news this morning chums. My editor today is my friend Lunchmeat Harold. Try and keep up Lunchmeat, this is immense. (Ed. Check!) Halifax Film aka DHX has been sold to a company out west called Entertainment 1 which is the latest monster distributor to emerge from the goo since Aliance Atlantis.

What does this mean to you dear reader? No offence but I don't know and don't care. I care about me,(ed. and me?)

Allnovascotia.com reports the deal will pay $1.59 a share (ed. Full disclosure, the author owns 1000 shares.), which is fine, especially considering the stocks were at .80 something last week. But I was holding on to my shares for my retirement (ed. from what?), I was going to ride the wave to comfort in my old age, soft food to eat, cosmos by the carton and disposible Depends. But alas, although DHX will continue to run, the ship will have to do without a captain.

Michael Donovan is not staying on.

I'm shattered, I'm numb (ed. Could be the breakfast cosmopolitans).

Where will the guidence come from? Will Charles (The Green Arrow) Bishop and Cheryl Hasson continue to pilot the ship to financial and creative apexes, quarter after quarter?

As they say in television, stay tuned.

No comments: