Wednesday 11 February 2009

Halifax Film....and TV Stuff. I'm still standing! After all these Years...lalala

Okay, I'm a little concerned in what's happening lately. Before I start, let me introduce my editor tonight, the always reliable Lunchmeat Harold. (ed. Howdy!)

So over the last six months, maybe longer, don't know, the world economy has failed. Whatever. I don't really care as I retreated from the "world" a long time ago. I didn't care and apparently "the world" hasn't missed me either.

My only touch with the "real" world (ed. i.e. reality) is that outside of entertainment news, the only thing I keep on top of is my one and only investment; I own 1000 shares of DHX aka Halifax Film. It was great when it was trading at $1.60 a share when I first inherited it but now it's worth 46 ...cents!? (ed. for some reason there's no "cents" symbol on this computer. Probably Bill Gates didn't see the need.)

But,all the exec's at Halifax Film just gave themselves raises and bonus's which means things are good, right? Right?

But good news, they've shuttered that Bulldog whatever investment. Sure there's a couple hundred thousand $ loss involved (ed. Bob Barker Rules!), but no sense throwing good money after bad. Who thought it was a good idea to buy into a company that's premise is that children need to work out on a daily basis. (ed. We make TV shows. Let's by a gym!)

But like the difference between good sex and bad sex, it's all in the timing. The AGM is being held this week. Michael Donovan says that not only is it a general meeting of shareholders, it will be a "special" meeting. Should I be scared?

If only I had the ability to leave the apartment I'd be there! (ed. shrimp skewers notwithstanding)

Hopefully someone wiil share with sugarbear as to what's being said at the meeting.

Goodnight.

No comments: