Wednesday 7 November 2007

Hey DHX Halifax Film! No Cheese For Me?

I'm a bit put out tonight as I heard that there was an Annual General Meeting of shareholders of DHX yesterday, and I wasn't invited! As you know I own 1000 shares which may only be .00001% of the outstanding shares but who knows, maybe someday I'll be the swing vote over some contentious issue between Oscar(c) Winner Michael Donovan and his right hand man Charles (the Green Arrow )Bishop!

Though I couldn't have attended because I can't leave the apartment, it would have been nice to have been invited. It's the thought that counts, after all. And sometimes the proxy.

I learned this from the e-news allnovascotia.com. They also said that DHX is neither confirming or denying that they are acquiring (they paid $100,000 for the right to possibly someday, maybe purchase) this company in Quebac that makes interactive games for kids. That's the take of about 50 welfare mothers, depending on the age, number and heft of their children.

Sorry, I guess I'm a little ticked, because when I initially heard they were looking to acquire a company, I thought there was a remote possibility they were thinking of my all but defunct corporation I had a few years ago. On retrospecte, it's probably not much of a catch considering the brightest jewel in its crown was a documentary entitled "Joe Clark: A Dynasty in the Making."

Have I mentioned I've been in this business a long time and some of my choices have not been the best?

As for me, my roommate, Carly is back to "normal" so my dog Biscuitface is getting his regular walks and I'm getting my regular Whopper with cheese.

Probably not as good a cheese as they had at the Annual General Meeting of DHX last night.

No comments: