Thursday 3 January 2008

2007 - That All Ya Got!!

So, I haven't blogged for a while due to rolling blackouts throughtout my apartment, possibly due to the fact that the power (ed. "hydro" to you Ontario readers) bill hasn't been paid. Anyway gave me plenty of time to think of my present state most of which is due to events in the last year, 2007. let's see:

- My Father died (not that he was ever a great provider, in fact he owed me money. One day he just showed up at my apartment in L.A. and said he needed money to pay off a mean house and her meaner pump. Something like that, I may have mis-interpreted as I was pretty "coked" in those days. But anyway, your Father's always your Dad, right?)

- My live in sister, Stella let a Brazillian exchange student live here and he lasted just long enough to get her pregnant.

- I lost my job as a rep for a medical supply/pharmasutical. (ed. "sic", I think I know why you lost the job.) As I can't leave the apartment, it was perfect for me as it was all done on-line.

- With bills piling up, I found a roommate, Carly who, though I didn't approve of her career (ed. What? You sold drugs, she sold drugs...albeit, she sold them through a slot through a steel door...)she had money to pay the rent. That was until she went cold turkey, quit using and selling and found the Love of Jesus over Christmas. Now the Love of Jesus is great but it doesn't pay that well.

- My dog Biscuitface, needs an operation. Something non-specific (ed. not cancer!) that costs a lot of money.

All of this going on in a one-bedroom apartment (ed. ...in the sky-hiii!)

With things not looking so great, I decided to return to one of my old skills that I don't have to leave the apartment for - writing. Although my meat and potatos in my day was on the technical side of production, I did write a few kids shows before becoming a producer and getting others to write for me for free. (Hey, don't criticize, everyone did it and those kids really appreciated the break. In fact some of them have moved quite far onward and upward, but for some reason they don't return my calls.)

And since I own shares in DHX (ed. aka Halifax Film) it seemed to be a perfect opportunity to pitch a kid's show. Especially after they bought Decode and Studio B. (ed. did anyone else get Monopoly for Christmas? The tv production company edition? If you choose the writer's token you have to roll the dice with no dots on them.)

So I've written up the following pitches for some animated children's shows that I'm going to send in:

Kabuki Kats - A band of Cats bring their travelling theatre and perform for peasant villages throughout feudal Japan. They also solve crimes and somehow always manage to get themselves in crazy adventures.

Rhino-Plasti - In the modern jungle of Hollywood, Dr. Plasti, an African rhino plastic surgeon, caters to the whims of an elite range of Hollywood celebrities; Lindsey Lohan's freckle fetish, Tara Reid's "un"-lobotomy (ed. technically brain surgery, not plastic surgery) and a penis lengthening for Britteny.

He also solves crime and has adventures in space.

Oscar the Crime Fighting Dog (still working on this but he solves crimes.)

So I'm going to edit these a bit and send them in to my friends and see what happens. TV money is the best money.

No comments: