Wednesday 9 January 2008

Canada at Sundance: A Halifax Perspective. And Other Cra*

We received an e-mail from Telefilm trumpeting the Canadian entries playing at Sundance this year.

Me thinks I see a theme:






























Thoughtful introspection. And because they're mostly National Film Board presentations there's naturallly no Canadian perspective. (ed. 'member all those National Film Board films we all saw in school when we were kids!? Yeah me neither.)











But being Canadian, we're not all about just sittin' and thinkin'...













There's always death and zombies! Jesus weeps. But at least he has a positive bent. Can we not present a Porky's or a Meatballs to the world to show that we're not all zombies and/or weeping all the time?

My friend "Lunchmeat Herold" has dropped over to help me with tonights blog, he'll be the editor (ed. Hiya). He brought a tape of Ellen Page on David Letterman's show last week and I must say I am absolutely charmed by this young lady. In a career as diverse as Pit Pony, Juno, Trailer Park Boys and X-Men she drove the interview and Dave for once, had to hang on for the ride. She talked about Halifax and living here on a positive note. The pretty, talented, and real (ed. and hot, not a package you see together too often), Ms. Page was smart, (ed.and a little nervous, understandebly, but it was real and endearing.) And gladly, Dave played along. He really is good with people who are real!

Anyhoo, although Lunchmeat may be on some sort of love connection (actually, I think she's T-riffic too), other things have been fairly quiet. I sent my story/series ideas into DHX aka Halifax film for evaluation and I'm just waiting to hear back from their creative department. (ed. I imagine they have a lot of playrights/screenrighters that look over all proposals.)

No comments: