Wednesday 10 October 2007

Nothing about Halifax Film Stuff

So its been a busy weekend, plus. After my sister Stella and her Brazillian boyfriend Carl, moved out, it was really nice. Quiet and non-sticky on the couch for once. I watched ABBA in concert, carl left his big screen tv, and I listened to ABBA Gold while I was working. (ed. If only someone had invented ABBA popcorn snacks!)

But a problem presented itself about an hour after Stella left. My dog, Biscuitface, needed to go out. And since I can't leave the apartment, this was a problem. I thought I had a solution. I took him over to the window, put him over my shoulder like a bag of potatos, and gave him the code word "push" so he would do his business. (ed. on the nazi code machine enigma, this would have come out "minty") So while I had him up there, aiming his ass like a rocketlauncher toward the street (ed. not what Bruce Cockburn envisioned, I imagine), he reacted.

Unfortunately, I thought he had to have a number two, and I pictured that after I yelled "fire in the hole" he would have defecated clear of me and the windowsill. Unfortunately, it was a number 1, which proceded to run down my 1972 USSR(ed. not Russia!) Canada souvenir hockey sweater.

sigh

But we did work out a system where he learned to treat the balcony (ed. should have thought of that before the window), like his personal city street. And no, I don't sweep it over the balcony I actually glove up, and bag it for the garbage.

But thanksgiving was good because Stella and Carl came by and he brought two of those rare Brazillian parrots with him that are endangered. They're beautiful and more intelligent than real parrots; they can answer questions, not just mimic.

And on top of that they were delicious! Even Biscuitface had some and he usually doesn't eat anything unless it comes out of a bag with a picture of a dog on it. (ed. maybe he thinks he's eating another dog!)

But besides us, Stella had invited a few people that lived on our floor. Mrs. McNeil lost her husband a few years back and she has managed to eke out a living by caring for abandoned animals and crack addicts. She's the nicest person and has the patience of a saint. (ed. hopefully not St. Angry, The Demonstrable, who I think is Irish).

Our other guest was from down the hall and her name is Carly. She's around my age, give or take 30 years, it's kinda hard to tell. She's had a hard life; her first husband was a drug addict, her second husband did drugs, her third husband...well, you get the idea. And I think Carly was more than just along for the ride.

Regardless (ed. thank you. irregardless is not a real word!) she is super nice and when all three of her left-over brain cells are in alignment, she's quite intelligent and funny. And she's agreed to take Biscuitface for his daily walks!

She said she'd loved to because she loves animals. She has a cat which I always thought of as a disgusting creature. I mean once in a while you give your dog a bath, grudgingly on his part, but then he's clean. but, a cat? uggh. "No water for me thank you! I keep myself clean". Really, all they do is shove the dirt, tuna, and ass leavings under their fur with their tongue! Then they lick their owners who say, "ahh, she loves me." No, she's just cleaning all the disgusting things off her tongue on to you.

Anyway that's all for now. I have to get back to blogging about the biz!

My DHX (Halifax Film Company) stock is back down to $1.70! I should have sold my 1000 shares when it was at $1.93 last week. Bet this is because of the internet leak of Animal Mechanicals!

No comments: