Saturday 27 October 2007

Halifax Film Ltd, Can I Biggie Size That for You?

Forget Halifax Film Ltd being # 4 in this country. You Non-share-holding suckers! We movin' on up!

Halifax Film Ltd aka Halifax Film which now owns and controls Decode and was formerly Salter Street Films (ed. sigh, which started as producer of Codco, which Michael and Paul Donovan's "relative" who was in charge of CBC Maritimes, greenlit, okay?) has raised another $17.4 M by selling 9.7 M units of DHX, the "parent company."

To clarify, that's $17,400,000 by "selling" i.e. printing ... a bunch of shares to a consotium (ed. love that word, especially if I'm one of the...um's!)

Now, to back track, our company raised $25M in an IPO, (ed. full disclosure - the author is a shareholder to the tune of 1000 shares), has been promised $2,000,000 from the province of Nova Scotia (ed. who can certainly afford it) in a labour rebate program to pay for all those New Brunswick Merimechi students, Sheridan animation students and Ontario Playa's; ...everything else, to take up residency in our province in order to colour in Poko's eyes. (ed. the reg's say you have to live here but "wink, wink" who's the wiser, eh. All for the greater good, eh, what gov'ner! There will never be another Cinar on my watch!). Plus we're owed about $22,000,000 in tax credits ie. gov't money, i.e. thanks taxpayers!

The agreement's in concrete (ed. practically:)

"Although no agreements or understandings have been reached and no committments made with any respect to any transaction, there have been significant discussions in certain cases."

I think we're "a couple" who no one has seen kiss!

On the other hand, Methinks he doth potest too much. But really, I have no idea what "he's" saying. It's kinda like, "well, I don't not like her, but we're not dating and I don't "like" like her, but I'm not going to ignore her 'cause she's looking at me, amd I'm not, not looking at her, you know?"

But thankfully, Michael Donovan, "In God we trust, but that's just for the soul thingy, someone back my shares, like Mike!" is ready to....dah, dah, dah acquire!

But, what or who is he "us" going to acquire? Stay tuned ! If they want, they can acquire my old production company, though I haven't paid my Joint Stock fees for a while it's still, could be, a viable thingy. After all it did produce the CBC documentary "Alexander Graham Bell: The Man, The Mind, On Ice!", the CTV special "My Proud Canada: Canadians Who Live in the U.S." and the Global mini-series "Spend This Money and Call me Can-Con!" which was shown on three consecutive nights starting at 3:00 A.M, I was told cause the audience they were after was insomniacs and the hunted. And though I haven't produced in years; I think there's value in those there archives.

So anyway, they've printed 9.7M units of DHX for the $17.46 M. To put it more plainly, 9,700,000 units for $17,460,000. As a shareholder, I'm all for growth but if 9.7M shares are going out the window, does that make my 1000 shares seem, smaller , by comparioson? (ed. no, you're fine. signed John Holmes)

I'm not a money guy but I'm thinking I have a thousand melons and Michael et all have ...millions of melons, then they trade more melons that they find under the melon tree, does that mean my melons are no longer attractive? I mean we all want to have the most attractive melons in the market right? And if there are melons, everywhere, like on a Rio beach, they will lose their allure at some point.

Let me just check the stock price. Okay, traded st $1.70 today so that's cool. I guess if someone is going to corner the melon market, I might as well be in the wagon.

But for me there are bigger parrots to fry. As regular readers know, I have a new roomamte who I brought in to help pay the rent. Her name is Carly and I suspect the business she's in is not import/export because that seems to be more exotic than trading little baggies of "something" through the slot of a metal bullet proof door that she had installed.

But anyway, she had been missing for two days, and I was concerned. I don't recall her leaving the apartment, but then when I'm having a treatment, I kind of zone out anyway. My main concern was that the food inventory was kind of low and my cock a-poo, Biscuitface hadn't been walked in days. If I was able to leave the apartment things wouldn't have seemed so dire. But then two things happened simutaineously, that broke the relative boredom and/or scared the crap out of me.

Having been alone for the last few days, I was spooked by sounds coming from our storage closet. I dragged Biscuitface to the closet, but then he ran in fear when a moan emenated from it. I started to open the door but then jumped when someone knocked at the front door. (ed. Actually there's only one door to the apartment.)

It was a Canada Post drone delivering a package for Carl, my sister's Brazilian boyfriend. I signed for it (using Henry Kissenger's name as a joke, I guess only for my benefit), and the man brought this huge box into the apartment that had like a million Brazillian postage stamps on it. And the freakin' box was moving. So the Canada Post guy scurried out and I figured I had to see what was in the box. I took my boxcutter (ed. post-911, non-threatening, I hope) and opened it up. what was inside shocked even me (ed. and in your days in hollywood, you saw Joan Collins with only half her make-up on.)

But before I could re-act, there was a movement from the closet and suddenly there appeared Carly. Now I must tell you, I did not recognize her at first glance. Or indeed, the second, third glance or the shocked stare on my face subsequent.

Whatever drug Carly was performing under, it caused her to strip down to her panties, put pillowcases on her feet, hands and head and spin around the room moaning. It looked like a marshmallow starfish with breasts.

Then her contortions around the room, startled the occupant of the crate that had just been delivered, and it broke free.

So last evening, around CBC news time, I had to deal with a crack ho who looked like a five pronged Q-tip, who was scaring the bejesus out of a pure white monkey wearing pants.

I think that's all I can report for tonight.

Oh, yea, the gram...geminis were awarded last night and apparently went well.

No comments: