Thursday 7 June 2007

CTV GOES ALL CANADIAN!

I know I'm a bit behind but things are busy here at the apartment.

I was shocked that after all the fuss over Canadian content and simul-casting, CTV has stepped up to the plate in announcing that their new fall schedule will be completely 100% Canadian developed and produced to show our Canadianish-ness (sic) to the world.

Their fall line-up was introduced by that Canadian of Canadians Jon Stwewart (ed. from the Duddy Kravitz part of Montreal, I think).

Gray's Anatomy - (Grey south of the border)- Wilfred Brimley (his nephew married a girl from Barrie) plays Gray Owl (Grey Owl) a native Canadian who performs autopsies by studying the entrails of the victims. (Thursday at 9:00)

Private Practice - Actually a spinoff of Gray's (Grey's) Anatomy, Kate Walsh (her great-grandfather landed in Halifax before emigrating to Pittsburgh). A naive American educated doctor tries to set up a practice in Toronto and runs into a bureaucratic nightmare of paperwork before she is able to see patient one, never mind Patient Zero. (Sunday, up against America Funniest Home Videos)

Criminal Minds - Something about the Conservative government. (ed. now you're not even trying). Sue me, I'm tired.

Desperate Housewives - Belinda Stronach stretches her acting by doing household chores. (Wednesdays - 100 A.M.)

Dirty Sexy Money - Donald Sutherland! Canadian! Sucessful Canadian south of the border! You got some sort of problem with this, whatever it is, being Canadian?!

There's more but time for me.

As most of you know (ed. Unless they're just skimming for their name) I inheirited 1000 shares of DHX (Halifax Film Company) and because of all the confusion around the apartment I have neglected to check their performance lately. So just hang on a minute.

Symbol Last Trade $ Change % Change
DHX 1.370 +0.010 +0.74 10,000

Okay. I'm taking a deep breath. The initial price was $1.40. And I have 1000 shares. So $.03 X 1000 shares = $30. I'm down. Crap.

Now, most of you can sit through this plunge but I am concerned. In the news today, DHX granted Cheryl Haseen 100.000 options. Just like that. Gave them to her.

They also granted David Regan (ed. a job well done, now move along.), 175,000 options.

Way to dilute my portfoilo with the wave of a pen! Did I miss a meeting?

Are we just willy-nilly throwing shares around like they're not worth the paper they're printed on?

I'm tired now but I'll continue tomorrow.

Cheryl Hassen was the former head of CBC Kids morning initiative who greenlit Poko. Linar Jim, Animal Mechanics etc. Which are DHX productions.

No comments: