Monday 21 May 2007

I Own Halifax Film Company!

Well, not quite but I am a shareholder. For once in my life I own something of value. (ed. apparently Pez dispensers are not considered currency in many places.)

After extensive research I've discovered that not only were my previous blogs unobjective and unfair they were just plain mean.

Halifax Film Company has created hundreds of jobs for animators who toil away like asian tailors doing what they love to do; animate. Why if it wasn't for this company these kids would be out creating grafetti and making things move excrutiatingly slow.

And as far as me, criticizing the company for not donating to charity or providing scholarships to people who can't afford to go to "stop-motion school" or whatever the hell they call it; remember people it's called SHOW BUSINESS! If you can't play by the rules, maybe you shouldn't be playing the game.

And I'm not saying this just because I own 1000 shares in DMX (Halifax Film Company). Call me a selfish hypocrite if you want.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

So now, let's talk about me. I've been reading up on investments, via internet research (ed. Is there any other kind?) and I've pieced together my net worth, projections and, um, integrated cash/value ratio. Okay, so, I'm not really a numbers guy.

But I went to the DMX quarterly report and found this:

"- Revenues for the third quarter ended March 31, 2007 increased over 216%
from the same period of 2006;
- The number of delivered half-hours of production increased 97% to 33.
from 17 in the same period of 2006.

Michael Donovan, Chairman and CEO, commented,

"We continue to deliver on our strategy. During the quarter, we were pleased to have launched several new series and closed two significant merchandising and licensing deals. We anticipate continued growth across our four strategic drivers, being increasing merchandising & licensing revenue, expanding the television and film library, leveraging our international distribution capabilities and exploiting new content platforms." "

I'm not sure what my fellow shareholder Michael Donovan said but it all sounds upbeat. He could be talking about widgets but really people, is enteratinment in this country no better than quantity per dollar anyway? I think that's what God would want.

And note to Michael: The number of hours of programming generated; can we pump that production out a bit faster people!

Here's some more financials:

"The growth in revenue included a 66% organic increase to $2.510 million in proprietary production... "

I don't get most of this financial mumbo jumbo but look; we're a money maker and we're organic! So shut up.

And as my grandfather always said "invest in land, cause they ain't making it any more" !

"Acquisitions

During the nine-month period ended March 31, 2007, the following
acquisitions occurred:

(a) On July 1, 2006 (the "Effective Date"), the Company completed a
business acquisition and acquired all of the issued and
outstanding shares of Electropolis Studios Incorporated for cash
consideration of $31,852."

Does this mean I own part of a soundstage? On the Halifax waterfront? This has got to be worth millions! Smart shopping!

And we own something else:

"(e) On April 7, 2006 (the "Effective Date"), the Company acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of Funny Farm Productions Limited, a film production company for cash consideration of $90,073."

I'll have to google that; never heard of it. But I'm sure its valuable! (ed. culturally speaking, you mean?"

And we own this:

"$0.245 million-1 half-hour for the pilot of The Truth About"

Um, never heard of it. But, we own this:

"On April 7, 2006 (the Effective Date), The Company acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of Boy Girl Productions Canada Limited ("Boy Girl"), a film production company for cash consideration of $128,719."

Um, I did google this but I'm hoping it has nothing to do with the website that turned up. Freaks!


And we own this:

"On May 19, 2006, the Company acquired all of the issued and outstanding shares of Decode Entertainment Inc. ("Decode"), a television production company, for the total consideration of $17,961,095."

Yeah! Shake your money maker!

But here's more:

"Along with further penetration of the Decode library, (ed. this sounds naughty!) the distribution team has been able to successfully place more than 20 titles from the Company's current production slate and library in multiple territories throughout the world."

Dollars, pesos, rubles, bring it on!

"the Company has over 55 half-hours of contracted proprietary programs,
made up of 9 different episodic television series, which are scheduled for
delivery. "

Oh yeah, talk to papa! You know when they talk about television in these terms it just sounds more entertaining. And isn't that what we're all after folks!

Are we liquid? I feel liquid!

"4 Amounts receivable

Trade 12,079,642
Income taxes receivable 135,606
Goods and services taxes recoverable 388,569
Federal and provincial film tax credits
and other government assistance 22,115,876
Due from an officer and director 250,000

Check out that Gov't "assistance". Assist me Stephen! Ahhahahahahahaaa! But, excuse me, who the hell owes us $250,000? Can we not get our ducks in a row?!

And here are my fellow shareholders (actually onlt potential shareholders are listed here but I'm sure they have the sense God gave them and already own shares):

"c. Summary of options and warrants

Options


Granted to Sir Graham Day, Director 100,000 $2.25
Granted to J. William Ritchie, Director 100,000 $2.25
Granted to Joe Medjuck, Director 100,000 $2.25
Granted to Donald Wright, Director 100,000 $2.25
Granted to Dana Landry, CFO 322,500 $2.25
Granted to Employees 24,047 $2.25

Ouch, too bad the stocks at $1.48 but I think this show confidence!


Gosh, I can't wait till the next shareholder's meeting. I'm sure there will be the usual official meeting with the proles, but afterwards some of the more prominant shareholders will retire to the Halifax Club for cognac, cosmopolitans and cigars.

Being recognized not just as an ordinary shareholder but as a voice of television's cultural side (having offered several jokes to my friends at America's Funniest Videos), I will be invited to join them.

I can picture us in the main room: me, Michael Donovan, Charles "the Green Arrow" Bishop, Dana "money guy" Landry and Bill "whoever he is" Ritchie. We're all sharing bon mots back and forth. "Oh, no more reparte for me, thanks", I say, "I'm full". The others chuckle.

It's been a good day.

No comments: