Thursday 3 May 2007

Tom Poston, Andy Jones

Finally alone in the apartment. Carl bought a new Huyndai today and from what Stella, my sister, tells me and from what I can see from my window, it has all the bells and whistles one would expect from a south korean car.

Anyway, Carl and Stella went for a drive and they took Biscuitface along. My dog certainly has taken a shine to our new South American roommate, but that's okay, dogs are notoriously fickle, isn't that what they're known for?! (Sure throw Lassie in my face but my hero was always The Littlest Hobo. Never an owner, just tramping from town to town solving petty thefts and accounting frauds.)

Tom Poston died the other day. Man, what a class act he was. Surfing other blogs, I found out that he was originally supposed to be Maxwell Smart in Get Smart! Also, I was surprised when I learned, during a Kennedy Centre special for Bob Newhart (another class act, Bob I want to have your child(ren)) that Tom was married to Suzanne Pleshette (sic), another classy comedic actor (tres).

Speaking of class, Andy Jones is appearing on stage this weekend and next in his own one man show during the Atlantic Thetre Festival. Now, some of you young'ins may not be aware of Andy's work but he was a founding member of CODCO which had its own tv show back in the eighties. He was a founding member of a groundbreaking comedy troupe that ruled Newfoundland and the CBC for years. The other more prominent members were the late great Tommy Sexton, Cathy Jones, Mary Walsh, and the great Greg Malone.

Now most of you blogees will not be in Halifax to see the show (cause you might fall off the edge of the universe) but too bad. Hopefully, Andy will take the show on the road. He is one of the smartest satirests around. Not overt (thank you Air Farce, we'll call you) but so subtle he makes you feel smart if you can figure him out. Even if you can't (I include myself in this) you still have a laugh.

Why doesn't this man have his own TV show? It's criminal and I will fix it. As long as I have a breath in my body and I am able to leave the apartment he will rise again! Dammit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey HTFS, been wondering your opinion, big tits or small?

Curiousity Killed the Cat