Monday 21 May 2007

On to the the Golden Shower for God's Sake!

My sister Stella and her Brazillian exchange student boyfriend have been arguing all day. He wants to go out and buy things (Hey Carl, Different Strokes is on DVD.) but Stella wants to go to my Aunt's 50th anniversary shower, which I believe is the Golden one, I think.

It was fifty years ago today that her intended husband Ted, ran from the alter; literally he ran. Tragic at the time, my Aunt soon considered it a sign from God as Ted went on to rob a bank and spend most of the rest of his life on the lamb (ed. an odd thing to ride, especially if the authorities are chasing you.)

Anyway my Aunt Trisha never married and celebrates her close call every year with family and friends. And as I cannot leave the apartment, it's up to Stella to go and enjoy tiny sandwiches and cheese with flavourings in them.

I just want them both out of the apartment so I can read my book "Investing in Canada for Dummies."

I've come into 1000 shares of DMX (Halifax Film Company) and I want to be able to figure what to do with them

Should I keep the shares hoping that the returns will comfort me in my old age, or should I cash in now and buy that "The Hills Have Eyes" original movie poster (with lobby cards) that I've had my eye on?

No comments: