Friday 27 April 2007

Movies and Celebrity Daze

I saw a really good film today called The Ring. Actually pretty spooky and not in a "saw" way. I got it through my video club; its like a book club where friends from my Los Angeles days and myself, mail a video to each other so that we can all watch it and then discuss it on a conference call. I've been putting it off for weeks until I received a voice mail from Alec, good-naturedly riding me for taking too long.

And he called me and my Mother some names.

I really didn't sleep well that night.

I don't normally dive into the world of international celebrities but I have to say I was quite happy to see that the fate of Anna Nicole Smith's baby has finally been decided. In this world of greed and everyone out for themselves it was heartwarming to see that this little orphan was wanted by so many people. My God, how many men came out of the woodwork to claim the baby as their's just so that they could be a part of her life. Anna Nicole would truly be in a blissful haze were she to know that all the men in her life were fighting each other to prove they were the father (though I thought Richard Simmons making the claim was stretching it.) and that they would give up everything to raise the baby. And to the holder of the winning sperm, here's to you sir and I hope you can make it as a single dad in this tough crazy world. To the other wannabe fathers, although this is disappointing, there are many crack babies out there still looking for a daddy. Your love will grow.

In other celebrity news, Hugh Grant was arrested for throwing a fit at a photographer and throwing beans at him. Honestly, shouldn't this photog do something useful with his life rather than stalk celebrities doing a bean run?

Saw Alec Baldwin on The View today. I can't say how much I support the guy in his latest tabloid troubles. Okay, calling his daughter a pig was not a good thing but we've all been called worse things by our Father's, right? (anybody?) But the guy's a class act, he apologized but not in a wimpy "I'm sorry" way and he didn't ask for anybody's sympathy or pity. He said his mother who has had a stroke, cancer and a lot of health issues was keeping him strong.

Once again, I am standing up to support Alec Baldwin and Kim is a real beyotch!

1 comment:

wcdixon said...

Hear hear...(re: Baldwin)