Saturday 21 April 2007

Cosmopolitans Kicking In

I can't get anymore info from Stella at the moment about her Brazilian, as she's totally enraptured with Rollie Polie Ollie. I like a lot of kids shows, but for some reason this one gives me the creeps. I'll do some more blogging until I can wrest the remote from her as "Cops" is on soon.

During a "10-20" as the police say, I was perusing the latest issue of Vanity Fair in the washroom. (Leonardo is on the cover with that bear cub, Knut from the Berlin zoo. I don't know which is more adorable!)

Anyway I was reading the letters to the editor and there were several about last months topic, this guy Collard, who was a freakazoid hollywood agent putting everything but his nose up his nose, and who now has become a hero to the right in the U.S. He's gone to Iraq, hung out with the troops, plundered an Iraqi drugstore for fun pharmachuticals (not that they need pain killers over there. I guess a U.S. checkpoint is a painkiller.)and in a show of support for the troops shared them with his army buddies. Has Iraq become the disneyish RamboWorld now for the hedonistic bored american republican seeking a thrill? Has the administration unleashed it's secret asshole arsenal on the war on terror? (I guess Ann Couletr keeps the home fires burning.)

If this guy's looking for a challenge, maybe he should live with an average Iraqi family, Shite or Sunni, if he knows the difference, and see how well he gets along without a team of marines covering his ass.

I feel total sympathy and my heart goes out to the troops over there. I just don't get why they are there. I guess they want to bring the american ideal of freedom to the rest of the world.

Sorry, I have to go watch "Cops" now. Tonights episode is all about teen-age girls gone wild.

No comments: