Thursday 19 April 2007

Some Ramblings, Some Musings

Hi there,

My sister Stella has taken my cock-a-poo, Biscuitface, out for a walk leaving me alone in the apartment for the first time in a long time. Finally. It's bad enough I can't leave the apartment, but having Stella living here is not exactly a barrel pf monkies. As I tend to pontificate, (regular readers are going "duh, yeah!") I feel sometimes I might as well talk to Biscuitface for all the feedback I get from Stella. When I talk and look into her eyes, I have to wonder if her "sentient being ratio" is half-full of half empty.

Anyway, they've gone and although I enjoy the break, I feel sorry for poor old Biscuitface. Like other cities, Halifax has a poop and scoop law, but Stella tends to overdue a lot of things including this. Not only does Biscuitface have to stand there after he's done his business and watch Stella pick up his night deposit, he has to endure the stares of strangers while she wipes his butt with toilet paper! I watched them one night just outside the apartment and I must say the Whopper with cheese that Stella brought home for me that night (as she does every night), had lost its appeal.

Anyway, just some random thoughts to get out of my head...I've been trying to throw away an old garbage can that I've hated since I bought it. I don't know why I bought anything in baby blue as I detest it. But I can't seem to get rid of the damned thing. Everytime I put it on the curb for garbage day, those stupid garbage men refuse to take it away! I must call an Ombudsman or something. ..... what's with those meals on airplanes! Yech!....A friend (now "ex") got totally pissed at me and has broken off all contact. He let me borrow some old comics of his (includin Khamandi! Last Boy on Earth!, my favourite) and became very upset because I had written a critique in the margins. I may have drawn glasses on the Lizardmen too, but that's not reason to throw a tantrum. Christ, put tham back in the little plastic holders for future generations, already!.....Banks are screwing us on service charges!...Oops, there's Stella and Biscuitface with my burger. May be back.

So, I've just finished my Whopper with cheese, not an easy task given what I described earlier and even more difficult for me as Biscuitface continuously circled the room returning to his position in front of me, all the while hungrily looking at my burger. With toilet paper stuck to his butt. Stella and I have an understanding; whichever of us first notices something like that (which encompasses vomit, pee, unrecognizable detritus, on the floor or anywhere else) would be the one to clean it up. Or out, whatever. But I may have underestimated Stella as she has done a yeoman's job of not seeing what we both know is there. Am I forced to rectify (so to speak) the situation or let the chips fall where they may. God, my obsessive compulsion vs. my stubbornness. I don't know who/what will win. Stay tuned.

It's later and Biscuitface has returned from the washroom, of all places, sans the "wilnot". That's what we used to call them as they "will not" come loose. (or "klingons circling uranus" for you Star Trek fans.) But my pup has managed to free himself, knowingly or not, we'll never know. The only question that remains is where and when, we'll find his treasure. Anyway, Stella, as you watch American Idol for the tenth time!, I can play as dumb as anyone.

For God sakes, Stella is crying about Sanja again, like its the first time she found out he lost!

No comments: