Saturday 14 April 2007

Johnny Cash in Nova Scotia?

Probably not. Just wanted to catch those people searching for Johnny Cash in Nova Scotia.

I couldn't find any local films so I thought I'd put up this video. Saw it on CMT today and thought it was really cool. Cheryl Crowe (hot, hot and hot!), Kid Rock, and that guy from U2. So then I went to the bookstore (well actually I sent my sister Stella, because as my loyal readers know I can't leave the house) and I now have an autobiography of the Man in Black. (With some ketchup from N.Y. Fries, thank you Stella!)

Anyway, although I've only read the first few chapters (or "prison terms" as Johnny calls them ) I'm fascinated. He grew up poor in the dustbowl/depression in the hardest hit area of the southwestern U.S. and picked cotton as a child. Also, I did not know that as a young man he was in the AirCore based in Germany and helped develop the concept, if not the means to send, e-mail, or "Electrically Sent Letters to Folks at Home", they used to call it. (So this is where the acronym "ESLFH", popular with IT geeks, comes from! Throw it at the next geek trying to hook your computer up to the network and watch his eyes mist over in nostalgia.)

But, the man's name is Cash, rhymes with Class and he is it. There's two videos here, both sound sad but listen to the man and he fills you with life.




No comments: